Monday, March 17, 2014

A Week of Just Some Fun

March 17, 2014
Foley, Ala

    We have had a mixed week of fun, saying good bye and rain.  One day we met Anne and Dan at the Beignet Cafe.  Dan had not had a beignet before.  A lot of picture taking ensued and this is what happened!


     Luckily, he was able to take the cover off and most of the powdered sugar was on the cover.  I have to admit we all had a good laugh over it.
     After the breakfast and a quick trip into Walmart, Al and I drove past one of the trailheads and decided to stop.  It had been misting when we left the cafe, but it stopped for us to take a nice 2 mile walk.


     Needless to say, we stayed on the path.

     I had ordered a stove top cover for your range from Amazon.  Love Amazon Prime.  Ordered it Monday afternoon and it arrived on Wednesday.  This looks much better as a cover than the sink cover I had been using.  Gives me extra counter space.
      We played cards Monday night with Anne and Dan.  Wednesday Dan and Al and another RVer played golf.  I did laundry, walked, rode my bike and read outside.  It was a nice day.  Decided it was a good evening to eat some more seafood, so we all went to the Original Oyster Grill.  This alligator greets you at the entrance.  Forgetting that spring break had hit, we found that we would have to wait about 45 mins for a table.  Luckily, there were a few shops open and the beeper for the restaurant worked in all the shops.  We really only waited about 20 minutes.


     I finally got some shrimp and grits, and red beans and rice, and turnip greens!  A true southern meal.  Everyone's meals were delicious and the service was great.   We were pleasantly surprised because the place was packed.  Lots of cute sunburned college kids.
         We had some exciting news from our traveling friends, Becki and Gene.  They have bought a bigger travel trailer.  Took there other one in for some heater repairs and fell in love with a new one.  Can't wait to spend evenings in it having happy hour and playing cards.

     The couple I had mentioned before, Terry and Anna May who travel with 6 dogs, (they will always be known this way!) asked us to play golf on Friday.  I did not bring my clubs but said I would ride around with them.  When we got to the course, the club had rental clubs for $20, so I said what the heck, I would give it a try.  Of course, I then had to buy a golf glove for $17.50, so my round got much more expensive.   We had a great time and it felt good to get out on the course again.  For about 9 holes anyway, then everything began to hurt, but I made it through and had a good round.  Also proves you don't need expensive clubs.  Seems any old clubs will do! 

      While on the course we saw these strange squirrels.  Looked them up and they are masked face fox squirrels.  They definitely wanted us to feed them, even though the signs forbid it.  They were cute in a creepy kind of way.
      Terry and Anna May.  Good golf foursome.

     Saturday was the day that Anne and Dan were leaving, so we all went to dinner at the Caymen Grill.  Once again, spring break had happened and we couldn't get reservations til 7:30.  Three weeks before, there were empty tables everywhere.  I splurged and had a dirty martini and the baked oysters. 


     Saturday morning we got up to see Dan and Anne off on their trip home to Maine. 
   

      A few of the friends gathering to see them off.  We, obviously did not bring Cujo and Cujoette to this gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment