Thursday, February 21, 2013

Visitors and Return to Shields



February 17

    On Sunday, Becki's sister and BIL came for a visit.  They live about an hour away, depending on traffic!  Becki and I spruced up our little homes so they would look cozy and inviting.

    They arrived about 9:30 and we had mimosa's on Becki's patio.  There was also a lot of gift exchanging going on, as they were doing Christmas and birthdays.
Beautifully wrapped gifts!
Waiting for Mimosas!



  
Becki made a birthday cookie cake.
    After a Mimosa, we decided that going back to Shield's Date Farm for brunch sounded like a good idea.  Becki offered to make pancakes, but we all decided that was too much work.    Calling ahead, we walked right in and  got a great table on the patio.  As I was determined to get a date shake, I just ordered the butternut squash soup.  Al had a hamburger garnished with dates. 

Me and my date!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you didn't say...how was the date shake? Worth the wait and hype?! Inquiring minds wanna know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shake was very good. Keep in mind I have not had a shake for years, so I may not be the best judge. Anything that involves ice cream and flavoring would be heaven. I would definitely get another one! And may tomorrow.

      Delete