Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Catching up

January 30. 2013  Wednesday

     We have had several days of drizzle, rain, and mist.  It was really nice, as we needed some days to just rest up and laze around.

     One morning we went to Becki's for pancakes and mimosas.  I supplied the strawberries for the pancakes.

There was a little ping pong actions:

 And a little card playing.  We taught the guys to play Hand and Foot.

 One day we sent the guys to a museum and we took our supplies to the north hall and did some scrapbooking.
 The guys visited the  Commerative Air Force Museum and saw lots of interesting planes.  I am sure they were interesting, but Becki and I were glad we stayed home and scrapped.

I also finished one of the Valentine dresses I am knitting for my granddaughter's American Girl dolls.  Shhhh!  Don't tell.  It's a surprise for their Valentine's day present.

Saturday morning on the agenda for the park was breakfast of scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy that was on the schedule for 8 am.  Becki opted out, Gene went down ahead of us and we got there about 8:20.  Well, we learned a lesson fast.  8 a.m. means 8 a.m.!  They scraped the bottom of the scrambled eggs and gave us two dried out biscuits.  You snooze, you loose.  We did have a nice visit with some of the men.  It looks like more men than ladies come.  Think the wives all boot the husbands out the door so they can have a morning alone!
Sunday night there was an ice cream social at 6pm.  We had happy hour at 5, guzzled our drinks and snacks down, then you can be sure we were there a little before 6.  We picked the lucky table to sit at, as our row was picked for first in line.  There seems to be some card drawing system for determining who goes first.  It was also birthday and anniversary celebration, so there was cake.  We filled up on that and decided we really didn't need dinner.  They must all eat at 4!

It was a good time to visit with others and get some ideas of things to do.   One man told us of the town (really a dot in the road), Tortilla Flats.  Said it was a pretty drive and good lunch.   We had decided to take a short hike in the morning, but it was still pretty chilly, so we put it off til afternoon.  We took the drive to  Tortilla Flats and had lunch in the interesting diner.  Wall, ceilings, posts, bar---everything was covered in $1 bills. 

Becki and Al had a Superstition Mule Oil beer.  They said you could only get it at this restaurant.
It was served in jars. 
Becki and I went to the bathroom and became dance hall girls.  We don't know what the guys became, because they wouldn't go in and take pictures!

I think I picked the right stall.  Look at that cleavage, not to mention the rest!  The lunch was really good and it was a fun little place to stop. 

   The dogs do fine in the RV while we are gone.  We always leave the tv on rather loud and run a fan, hoping that they won't hear noise outside and bark and make a nuisance.    As far as we can tell, this is what they do:
Beau thinks he is going to drive, while Babe works on the computer.
This was a training session.  We were working on not barking at every noise.  I had a carrot in my hand.  They are as good as gold as long as I have carrot. 


  1. That restroom photo was too cute !! Sounds like Beau & Babe are behaving very nicely.Glad they can travel with you.

    The American Doll dress turned out beautifully and I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. I am trying to teach myself to crochet. LOL, we'll see how that goes. Safe travels Cathie and thanks for sharing.