Saturday, January 26, 2013

Superstition Mountain Museum

January 25, 2013
Woke up to a balmy 60 degrees this morning!

     We started the day with mimosas at Becki and Gene's at 9a.m.  They were very refreshing!  (and Becki was actually awake)

 There is a pickle ball court here.  Pickle ball info  A l and I had never heard of it, but Becki and Gene had and wanted to check it out.  Gene and Al decided they could enter the pickle ball tournament on Saturday.




    We rode our bikes down to the courts and they all played a little.  After my sacroiliac problem, which is still iffy, I decided I had better not push my luck with all that fast movement.  I just watched.  There is also a really nice putting green and chipping area and a hitting net.  Al had brought a wedge, so I played around with it.  Then he took over.

We rode our bikes some more around the park and found the dog park.  As we were looking at it ladies came in with tiny dogs that would make Babe a tasty appetizer, so figured we would never be going there.




The afternoon was a trip to the Superstition Mountain Museum.  Superstition Mt. Museum   It was a tiny museum, large gift shop and nice little walking trail around the area.
 This sign had Becki pushing us all in front of her on the walk!

 The two surviving buildings from Apacheland are here.  Apacheland



     Of course, we had to have fun in the Elvis Chapel.  Do you think he is really an ordained minister?  


 They do actually have wedding here, minus Elvis. 

What can I say?  We are kids at heart and Becki and I need some fun pictures for our scrapbooking.



1 comment:

  1. Keeping up with your blog and all the fun. Sure is nice to be able to travel with friends who share the same interests. Give you credit for traveling in snow and cold weather.
    Becki and I share same fear of snakes. Signs give me the vapors.
    Looking forward to more postings.
    Amy and John

    ReplyDelete