Friday, August 5, 2011

Tuesday, Aug. 2

The dogs did not set their watches back an hour, so when their 6 a.m. alarm went off, we could not convince them that it was really 5 a.m. here in NM.   The good thing about 5 a.m. is, there is no one else walking their dogs, so we didn't have to worry about which way we walked.
 As you can see, it was still dark.
Taken with a flash.  Also, note the coat.  It was chilly, 51 degrees.  Oh, sorry I forgot about the hot weather going on at home.
We are enjoying lazy mornings.  After we walk the dogs we drink coffee (we brought our Keurig), watch some news and then about 7:30 wander over to the Chuck Wagon from more free coffee and a complimentary breakfast.  The lady, Earlene, cooks all the food and makes all the bread, buns, cinnamon rolls, etc. herself.  We could upgrade our comp breakfast to one egg, homemade toast, and fried potatoes for about $1 more.  Pretty cheap breakfast and very good.  We love sitting outside and eating.  Bunches of hummingbirds to keep us entertained. 

After we eat, we go take the dogs for another walk then come back and clean up.  By now it is usually 10:30 or so.  Ah, the retiree's life!
We decided to drive into Red River and look at a campground there.  Beautiful drive there over the pass, but gives me chills thinking about that FW behind us on the way down the pass.   Sure hope I don't look out my window and see it passing us.   We found a really good spot and reserved it for next Monday til Sunday.  I did a little grocery shopping and stocked up on beer and wine.

 Al's brother, Steve, his wife Kathy, and their mother, Martha were to arrive early that afternoon, so we headed back to Eagle Nest..  They arrived about 1pm.  Unfortunately, Martha was experiencing bladder infection symptoms.   She had been in a lot of pain and was kind of miserable.  We found a clinic in Angel Fire and got her an appt. for the next day.  In the meantime, I had some pills I use when I have an UTI, so we started her on them.  For all you drs. out there, they are over the counter, not prescription.

Took a tour of Steve's FW.  It is much bigger and nicer than ours.  Also heavier.   They looked for a long time and knew what they wanted in a FW.  It really works nicely for them.    It is a Heartland BigHorn.

Good:  Really nice recliner/rockers, entertainment center, ceiling fan, big kitchen, lots of cupboards and a dresser.
Bad:  Big kitchen.   (you all know how much I like to cook)
We have found that we can turn a fan on, turn the tv up loud, turn on the air conditioner and put the baby gate up so that the dogs are contained in the bedroom and can not hear any noises for them to bark at.  So, when we want to leave them we can without worrying that they will be barking their heads off.  When we plan to leave for 4 hours or so, we put them in their kennels just as a precaution.
I did manage to cook us some dinner this night.  Had a frozen lasagna and we made a salad.  It really tasted good.  One of our good friends, Becky O'Rear, gave us a big sack of DVD's, so we are having fun watching movies.  It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. We love the mountains early in the morning, Cathie. You could ask the pups to wait about 30 minutes or so, but Sophie refused to adjust to MDT!