Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finally, the ocean-February 14

We had all decided to have a Valentine's Day lunch ocean side, as we figured that an evening dinner would be next to impossible.  For some reason, Al and I just can't seem to get our act together before about 10 or 10:30 a.m.  Even though we generally get up between 6:30 and 7:30.  Al will get up with the dogs and take them out to potty, and I crawl out of bed and fix their food, get the tv going, and make my first cup of coffee.  He always turns the Keurig on so it will be ready for me.  He's a keeper!  We then proceed to drink coffee, read our emails, dink on the computer and watch tv and before we know it, it is 9 or 9:30 and we haven't showered, eaten or dressed.  We both like the showers in the bath house that is just across the way, so we take turns with the shower carry all, come back and fix our separate breakfasts.  Then we have to take the dogs out for a nice walk before we leave for the day.  We are doing good to be ready to head out by 11 a.m.  We always shut and lock the iHome door, take two steps, then unlock and go in and get at least one item we have forgotten.  Then we walk down to Steve and Kathi's, where they have been patiently waiting for our arrival.  As we did not have time to buy a car before we left that we could tow, we are relying on his truck for all our adventures.  It is kind of nice to have a driver and Al can be the co-pilot.  The pressure is off me!
So, we got started to Folly Beach about 11 a.m.  It is not far from the campground and was a good ride there.  Parked and walked to the ocean!  First think we saw were dolphins!  No pictures though, as they were too far away for my little camera.
Here are my feet on the beach walk!
Walking on the beach.  The guy behind us was walking/running and throwing seed out to the birds.  One was following him.  Kind of creepy and Hitchcockish.
Picture just to prove we were there at the same time.
There was one restaurant on the ocean on this little island, so that is where we went.  Very interesting very large hotel that has been taken over and redone in a very modern
Miami Vice type style.  The restaurant was nice and we were determined to eat outside and watch the ocean.  We land locked flatlanders can't get enough of those waves!
The entrance to the restaurant.
We were the only ones on the patio.

Against my better judgement, I ordered the fish tacos.  There is just something that does not seem right about the words fish and tacos.
View of the restaurant patio.


The Folly Beach Pier we could see from our table.





 
I had a nice surprise on Valentine's morning with a bouquet of roses made by the basket maker we saw at Boone Hall Plantation.  The roses are made from the palmetto tree leaves.   I thought when I picked out my rice bead necklace that I had my Valentine!


1 comment:

  1. How were the fish taco's? I had to chuckle at your comment of fish and taco's in the same description together..that is exactly how I feel.
    Nice photo's

    ReplyDelete